Among the features included with many new Vizio, HD TV is Vizio Internet Apps or VIA. Vizio VIA HD TV can connect to wireless and wired home networks, which will subsequently provide TV with Internet access. If you are having problems with the Internet connection of your Vizio HD TV first ensure that the Internet works before upgrading the TV itself. Erasing the TV memory often solve connection issues, so try before going right through the setup of their TV.
How To Troubleshoot Internet to Vizio TV
- Switch on a computer or alternative Internet-enabled device on the same network as your Vizio TV to be certain your Internet service is currently working. Restart your router if the internet is down or contact your Internet service provider.
- Unplug the TV and the Wi-Fi router. Wait 30 minutes and re connect them again. Wait a moment or 2, then turn on the TV and try to get into the Internet.
- Press the Menu button on the remote control. Select ‘Help’ and then ‘clear memory.’ This often solves the situation so that the TV can connect to the Internet as ordinary.
- Press the Menu button on the remote control, select ‘Network,’ choose ‘Manual Configuration,’ then select ‘Test Connection.’ He’ll say it if there’s a problem with the bond. Stick to the instructions to fix the issue.
- Select the name of your wireless system from the ‘Wireless access Points’ list and enter the wireless account password or password for your system. Rember that passwords do not contain spaces and also are case-sensitive. Select ‘Connect’.
- Connect to the configuration menu of your wireless router (usually achieved by assessing the internal IP address of this router, including as ‘192.168.0.1’, ‘192.168.1.1’ or ‘192.168.2.1’ from the address bar of your Web browser) and disable the ‘MAC option’ Filtering ‘address.
- Go to the ‘Update’ section of your router’s configuration menu and see if there are any new drivers, software or firmware available for your router. If here are any updates available, follow the screen on the prompts to install them.
- Double-Check the wireless security key in the ‘Wireless Settings’ section of the Router Setup menu. The security key will be displayed in its entirety in this menu, and you can change it if you wish.
- Connect another device, such as a computer or iPhone, to your wireless network. If it fails to connect, press the ‘Reset’ button on the back of your wireless router to reset the wireless network. Once reset, wireless connectivity issues must be resolved for both your Vizio HD TV and other devices. If you continue to have wireless connectivity issues, your router’s wireless networks may be defective.
Ten insert an Ethernet cable firmly both on the back of your Vizio HD TV and the ‘LAN’ port in your router or modem and examine the bond together with your VIZIO HD TV back again. If you cannot connect to the Internet, contact your router manufacturer or Internet supplier for support.